There was once an ancient malevolent force that has existed through-out human history. It existed in various forms in different eras. It was always locked in the story which captured as the incarnation of evil of that era. In the late twentieth century, it took on the form of Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street film franchise. When Freddy was killed in Freddy's Dead, the evil entity no longer wanted to be locked away in a story and sought to break through to the real world, our world.
Role in the film
Upon his release, Freddy has plagued the dreams of the Nightmare on Elm Street cast, including Heather Langenkamp, Robert Englund, and even the film's creator, Wes Craven. He would also haunt the dreams of Dylan Porter, the son of Chase and Heather. He also somehow affected the waking world when he kept on making calls to Heather singing "One, Two, Freddy's Coming For You".
Freddy's first victims were Charles Wilson and Terrance Feinstein, two special effects technicians who worked on the Nightmare films. He would then kill Chase. Later on, he would kill Julie, Dylan's babysitter. He then chased Dylan and Heather throughout Los Angeles, even on a freeway, where Heather got hit by a car when she was trying to save her son. But she got on her feet to chase after Dylan. Freddy's influence on the real world was becoming so great that the street where Heather lived resembled Springwood and her house was transformed into a familiar house. Film actor, John Saxon arrived and he too was fooled by Freddy when he called Heather, Nancy. He thought he was now Donald Thompson, Nancy's father in the films. Once Heather called him father, this allowed Freddy to step into the real world. He dragged Dylan into the nightmare world and held him as bait for an even bigger game, his mother.
Once Heather found Dylan, Freddy battles Heather and Dylan. But Dylan and Heather would outsmart Freddy, setting him on fire. The Entity reverts back to its original form before dying in the fire. Heather and Dylan would find themselves in the real world once again, safe from Freddy, as the "story" was now completed.
- "Miss Me?"
- "Hey Dylan, ever played skin the cat?"
- "Pick a pet for the rugrat, bitch!"
- One, Two, Freddy's coming for YOU!
- Meat your Maker!
- Come here, Dylan, I've got some gingerbread for ya!
- Mommy! Mommy! Where's Your Mommy, Piglet!
- Gonna eat you up.
- This version of Freddy had an organic glove having knives as a part of his hand rather than his usual glove.
- Freddy was credited in the end credits as "Himself".
- The make-up on this version of Freddy was more demonic and less like a burned man.
- Freddy's apperance is based on how he was originally depicted.
- Unlike the "real" Freddy Krueger, this version can be harmed in the dream world.
- The Entity's sweater is green with red stripes, inverted from the original Freddy's red sweater with green stripes.
- Unlike the original Freddy, The Entity can interact with the real world and even kill people who are awake as long as someone else is dreaming about him.